Confident Gentlemen Strategy #3 Program Confidence
To have unstoppable confidence in the future, the key is to be able to summon your confidence resources at will to get the results you want. You did it successfully in the past, which means you can do it successfully any time. It is only a matter of practice before you have that confidence whenever you choose to switch it on.
Remember a time when you were totally confident in the past. Become aware of what specifically you see, hear and feel inside as you re experience what it’s like to be completely confident. There is a structure to your confidence experience in the same way that there is a structure to a building. There are certain qualities that you see, that are unique that building. Some buildings have sounds, smell etc. While you relive a past time when you were confident, ask yourself the following questions to become aware of the visual qualities of confidence.
- Do you see a picture of a movie?
- What size is what you see?
- Is it 3 dimensional?
- How clear or fuzzy is it?
- How bright is it?
- How close is it?
- Is it in color or in black and white?
Ask yourself the following question to become aware of the auditory qualities confidence has for you:
- How loud is it?
- What do you hear?
- What is the tempo?
- What is the pitch?
- What direction does the sound come from?
Ask yourself the following question to become aware of the sensory qualities of confidence:
- How intense is the feeling?
- Where does the feeling begin in your body?
- What direction does the feeling come from?
- How long does that feeling last?
By altering the visual, auditory and sensory qualities of confidence, you can actually amplify your confident state. Practice playing around with all these different qualities and notice the resulting effects on your confident state. This means you can build an even more confident state once you find the qualities that work best for you.
As you relive your past confident experience and become aware of all the visual, auditory, and sensory qualities associated with that experience, realize that you can use these same qualities to program yourself to have unlimited confidence in the future. the way to do this is by imaging situation in the future where you will need unstoppable confidence and imaging your future confident self adjusting what you see, hear, and feel to match your past experience of confidence.
You are literally programming your mind to have unstoppable confidence in the future. When the moment arrives your mind will act as if you have already experience it before and give you unlimited confidence. Remember, the mind doesn’t make a distinction between what is real and what has been vividly imagined.
Recap Program Confidence:
- Relive a past experience in which you felt confident.
- Notice all the visual, auditory, and sensory qualities associated with that experience.
- Imagine a situation in the future where you will need confidence.
- Imagine yourself adjusting what you see, hear, and feel to match your past experience of confidence.